Most Maytag washers come with a lid lock system. It prevents the door from opening while you use the washer. This lid lock technology is helpful unless your washer starts malfunctioning. Fortunately, you can open the door while running the washer by bypassing the lid lock.
You just need a piece of magnet and a lego to do this task. It requires you to not cut the wire. Indeed, it’s a complete DIY project. The only downside of bypassing a washer is it will void the warranty. So, keep it in mind.
On the other hand, if the warranty is already expired, stay with this guide on Maytag Centennial Washer Lid Lock Bypass till the end.
Maytag Centennial Washer Lid Lock Bypass
The lid lock of this newer type of washer doesn’t allow you to reopen the lid once the cycle starts. And Maytag centennial washer won’t unlock the lid until the cycle ends. Indeed, this latest washer model is not like the old-school type washer we used to. However, bypassing the lid lock will help you use the washer like the older one without locking the lid when the cycle begins.
Just follow the below steps to learn how to bypass the lid lock on Maytag Washer. You need no knowledge to do this task.
- Make sure you have two tools like a magnet and a plastic lego.
- Slip your lego right in the holes that you can find on the cabinet of your washer. The lego will keep the little lock in place. Then, position your magnet right at the top of the lego piece.
- Now, head over to the control panel of your Maytag washer and turn it on. Then, turn the control knob to any cycle you want. We set it to Normal.
- Next hit the Start button and the load will start sensing. Now, you can run the washer with the lid open. Indeed, we successfully bypassed the Maytag Centennial Washer.
How To Disable Lid Lock On Maytag Centennial Washer
The following steps will help you disable the lid lock on your Maytag washer.
- Deactivate your Maytag Washer lock control by pressing the ‘Cycle Signal’. You can find the lock icon disappears from the display of your control panel.
- Press the ‘Start/Pause button to discontinue the current cycle of your washer for a few minutes. Wait until the lights below the ‘Pause’ button come on.
- Open the door of your washer to retrieve the garments.
- Close the door of your Maytag washer and hit the ‘Start/Pause button again.
- Finally, touch the ‘Cycle Signal’ again until the lock icon appears on the display of your washer to reactivate the lid lock.
How Do You Reset The Lid Lock On A Maytag Washer
Resetting the lid lock on your Maytag washer is simple. Just unplug your washer from the power source for 10 minutes. Then, plug the washer back into the electric outlet, which will reset the washer and the lid lock.
Alternatively, you can reset the lid lock by pressing & holding down the ‘End of Cycle button for 20 seconds. It will help reset your Maytag washer and the lid lock also.
More Maytag washer problem fixing way you may like –
Maytag Error Codes F03 E01 (Reasons & Solutions)
Maytag Bravos XL Washer Won’t Turn On: 7 Troubleshooting Steps To Fix
Maytag Bravos Washers Stuck on Sensing?
Maytag Washer Makes a Loud Noise When Spinning
Bypassing the lid lock on your Maytag Centennial Washer is just a piece of cake. Just follow our guidelines and bypass the lid lock. The best part of this article is- you don’t need to disassemble the panel or cut the wiring of the lid lock switch. What you need to do is- just put the lego into the hole of the lid lock and position the magnet on it. And you are ready to use your washer without closing the lid.