Whirlpool dishwashers come with the minimum problems in comparison to conventional brands. Some unfortunate factors may arise that can require you to reset your Whirlpool dishwasher. Hence, you should keep a clear conception of everything about the Whirlpool gold series dishwasher reset.
When the power cut issue or button lit up problem arises, resetting the dishwasher is the best solution. Sometimes, you need to reset the dishwasher for the component failing issue.
The good news is there is no necessity of calling an expert to fix the problem. Resetting the control board will fix the problem after a certain time. Running a diagnostic on your dishwasher is also effective and it requires following only some easy steps.
When should you reset the Whirlpool gold series dishwasher?
Some unwanted situations require resetting the Whirlpool gold series dishwasher. Let’s get acquainted with them.
Power cut issue
A power cut or power surge is the commonest issue when you need to reset your Whirlpool dishwasher. Some Whirlpool model’s power buttons stop blinking in that case. If the power becomes unavailable in the middle of washing, it’ll resume the cycle from that point. Unless you reset your Whirlpool gold series dishwasher, this issue won’t disappear easily.
Button lit up problem
The power button gets oriented with this problem most often. This problem arises from pressing the power button more than twice. The button lid problem also arises from improper door management. Disconnecting the power is the primary way to resolve this problem. Whirlpool dishwashers won’t start the cycle if the button isn’t fixed.
Blinking lights on buttons means shutting down the washer after being reset. It won’t take more than 75-90 seconds. The one and the only way to get rid of this problem is to reset the power button. Whirlpool gold series dishwasher troubleshooting guide can help you with it.
Related: Frigidaire Dishwasher Start Light Blinking Issues: How to Fix?
Some of the dishwasher components may not work properly due to technical faults. This problem indicates when your Whirlpool dishwasher won’t start but has power. An incomplete reboot of the whole system makes the components fail. Also, Whirlpool dishwasher control board problems are responsible for this. Resetting your Whirlpool gold series dishwasher is mandatory in that case.
How to reset the Whirlpool gold series dishwasher?
Here you get a complete idea of how to reset the Whirlpool gold series dishwasher appropriately.
Step:1- Turn the dishwasher Off and On
- First, turn your Whirlpool gold series dishwasher off and then on again.
- To simplify your work, turn off the power source or turn the circuit breaker off. After a while, turn it back on again.
- In case this suggestion doesn’t work, then moving to the next step is the only solution.
Step:2-Reset the Control Board
- Start by turning the dishwasher off. All you need to do is press the off button.
- Then, unplug the power cable to disconnect the power supply. Alternatively, you can turn the circuit breaker off.
- After a few minutes, bring the power back.
- Choose the “High” setting from your dishwasher. If you don’t find that option, turn on the “Pots and Pans” option from the control panel.
- It’s time to activate the “Heat” cycle to dry the dishes. After a while, set the cycle again and check if your problem is solved. If not, move on to the next step.
Step:3- Activate Diagnostic Mode
- It’s time to press the “Normal” button. Your target is to activate the Heated Dry” button. Now, press both buttons again without making any delay.
- After pressing the buttons twice, the dishwasher should be activated with the diagnostic mode.
- This process may not work due to a door closing problem. Then try doing it again after closing the door properly. Perhaps, it’ll work this time.
Step:4-Follow the user manual
- User manuals come with a detailed overview of the dishwasher resetting process. In case you don’t find the physical copy, collect it from the internet by searching for a model number.
How do you run a diagnostic on a Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher?
Running a diagnostic on a Whirlpool gold series dishwasher is all about performing some sequential tasks. Let’s see how to perform it successfully.
- First, turn your Whirlpool dishwasher off. Ensure that there are no lit LEDs available.
- Then, disconnect the power to your dishwasher.
- Now. reconnect power to your dishwasher. Ensure that the unit’s door is while performing this action.
- This time, hold the two buttons within 60 seconds.
- Now, close the door of your dishwasher. Your dishwasher will now run diagnostics mode properly.
Relevant: Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Spraying Water
It’s hard to believe that you may have to face trouble with a renowned Whirlpool washer. But, the truth is malfunctioning is unavoidable for a machine. That’s why you should know everything about Whirlpool gold series dishwasher reset.
First, you need to find out the possible reason for resetting your dishwasher. Then, you can easily determine where to start the solution. Before resetting the control board, think about turning on and off the dishwasher.
Activating the diagnostic mode can relieve you from this problem easily. All you need to do is to press the normal and heated dry button together. If you face trouble after trying in every way, then get an expert for a quick solution.